*Due to the travel that is required for this position, all applicants MUST be fully vaccinated (and past their inoculation period of two weeks) with a vaccine recognized by the Canadian government.
Over the past 3 decades, Breakaway Tours has become one of the largest student travel companies taking thousands of travellers annually to destinations across Canada and the Caribbean. Our mission is to provide the best trips to high school students of all backgrounds. Today, we continue to travel to new mountains and cities, creating one of a kind experiences for our travellers.
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF POSITION
You will be a senior-level team member of our client, Breakaway Tours or Breakaway Beach, on destination. Trip Coordinators are selected to manage and execute specific aspects of a Breakaway programs. Each individual is responsible for certain tasks related to their role and will be the “go-to” person if other volunteers or passengers have questions about the program. Most importantly Trip Coordinators will be making sure passengers are having a great time on their trip!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
We are committed to ensuring that our community of destination team members are well trained, excited about the work they do, and have a very positive experience working and growing with us.
- Valuable trainings that apply to the job but will also be useful for future career opportunities (Mental Health First Aid, Bystander Intervention, Crisis Intervention etc.)
- Free travel, accommodations, and meals for the duration of your contract
- Participation in free excursions and events
- Staff appreciation events and activities
- An experience like no other
- Leadership building opportunities
Managing day-to-day functions and trip leaders to ensure smooth operations during trips.
Making the hard decisions and understanding the importance of being the disciplinarian.
Helping to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for all passengers on trip.
Providing support to Trip Leaders on a professional and personal level.
Executing planned events and excursions with other coordinators.
Education in one of the following programs is an asset but is not required to apply:
- Event Planning
- Leisure Studies
- Child and Youth Work
- Social Work
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 1 year experience in a youth leadership role (Camp Director, Residence Advisor, President of club).
- Comfortable working long hours and evening shifts to provide trip leaders and passengers with a constant point of contact during their trip
- Organized, hardworking, able to work in a team environment
- Fluency in French or Spanish is an advantage.
Role: Contracted per trip
Growth: After mastering this role, you can become a Program Director/Full-Time employee
*MUST HAVE A VALID PASSPORT FOR TRAVEL
We run trips from January through to July, and are looking for staff who are going to be able to commit to the majority of our trips all year. Each trip is between 3-10 days in length. We have two seasons with multiple trip types and dates:
Spring Season: February - March
Summer Season: June - July
Our trip destinations include:
- Dominican Republic
- Quebec City
We cover all costs of your travel (flights/trains/buses etc.), accommodations (hotel stay), experiences (excursions/events), and food for the duration of your contract. There are no out of pocket costs for you to work and travel with us. We also provide all our Trip Coordinators with a cash honorarium bonus
to thank them for their hard work.
- Apply Online
- Phone Interview
- Group Interview