*Due to the travel that is required for this position, all applicants MUST be fully vaccinated (and past their inoculation period of two weeks) with a vaccine recognized by the Canadian government.
Over the past 3 decades, Breakaway Tours has become one of the largest student travel companies taking thousands of travellers annually to destinations across Canada and the Caribbean. Our mission is to provide the best trips to high school students of all backgrounds. Today, we continue to travel to new mountains and cities, creating one of a kind experiences for our travellers.
As a Bus Captain, you will be the Heart & Soul of our Destination team. We execute student travel experiences in Montreal and Quebec City. Bus Captains will travel to our destinations with our passengers and help with the daily operations of the experience. On site, Bus Captains will act as the main point of contact whenever our passengers have questions and/or concerns. It is the responsibility of our Bus Captains to ensure our passengers across all experiences are staying safe and having the time of their lives.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
We are committed to ensuring that our community of destination team members are well trained, excited about the work they do, and have a very positive experience working and growing with us.
- Valuable trainings that apply to the job but will also be useful for future career opportunities (Mental Health First Aid, Bystander Intervention, Crisis Intervention etc.)
- Free travel, accommodations, and meals for the duration of your contract
- Participation in free excursions and events
- Staff appreciation events and activities
- An experience like no other
- Leadership building opportunities
- Contact passengers before departure day to establish relationships and answer any questions.
- Meet and guide passengers from their point of origin to their destination
- Provide destination information and encourage participation in events and excursions from passengers
- Assist with the execution of activities, excursions, and events while on destination
- Help to provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all passengers on the trip
- Ensure every passenger is having an amazing time during their experience
A career/education in the following is not required
but considered an asset:
- Event Planning
- Leisure Studies
- Child and Youth Work
- Social Work
Experience in the following is not required
but considered an asset:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Camp Counsellor
- Tour Guide
- Frosh Leader
- Residence Advisor/Don
- Brand Ambassador
- Experience or interested in a leadership role with youth
- Comfortable with long hours and evening shifts to provide passengers with a constant point of contact during their trip
- Fluency in French is an asset
: Part time, Volunteer, Contracted per Trip
: Bus Captains can become Trip Coordinators after mastering their role
We run trips in February and March, and are looking for staff who are going to be able to commit to the majority of our trips all year. Each trip is between 3-5 days in length. We have two seasons with multiple trip types and dates:
Spring Season: February - March
Our trip destinations include:
UPCOMING 2022 TRIP DATES:
February 18 - February 21 (2, 3-4 night trips in 2 destinations)
March 10 - March 20 (multiple trips of multiple lengths in many destinations)
We cover all costs of your travel (flights/trains/buses etc.), accommodations (hotel stay), experiences (excursions/events), and food for the duration of your contract. There are no out of pocket costs for you to work and travel with us. We also provide all our Bus Captains with a cash honorarium bonus
to thank them for their hard work.
- Apply Online
- Phone Interview
- Group Interview
Be sure to check out The Aftermovie
from our Winter 2020 season!